Monday, December 7, 2015

Winter in the desert

Who would have thought that I'd have my first winter experience here in Riyadh? Here where we're surrounded by the desert? Pretty sweet eh? 

After those long,hot-sun stricken days, winter comes along with its flesh-freezing temperature. 

Winter starts creeping on your bed by the month of December, peaks by January and slowly fades by the end of February. During its coldest days, you may want to keep your coats,sweater, socks and pants within reach or wear it at all times. You will start debating with yourself if you're going to take a bath or just stay in the comfort of your winter clothes. The water here turns ice cold, so if you still want to take a bath, you'd better have hot shower and a thick bathrobe prepared after you do. Not taking a bath is a big hit too. Haha. 

As of December 8, 2015 12:36am

This is by far the coldest temperature I've recorded since I came here. It feels good and really cold, but mostly good. 😜 I like the cold weather, it makes my resting hours feel more comfortable.

Now, I am waiting for the temperature to hit 2 degrees as reported in the news. 





No comments:

Post a Comment